• Members 55 posts
    June 20, 2024, 11:30 a.m.

We've recently transitioned to Shopify, and I have noticed that Shopify Analytics is not attributing sales to Google Ads; it only attributes them to Google organic search. The revenue attributed to organic search in Shopify Analytics differs significantly from what is reported in Google Analytics 4 (GA4). It seems that Shopify might be combining revenue from Google Ads and organic search, though there is still a discrepancy of about 8-12%.
    Additionally, Shopify Analytics appears to credit Bing but not Microsoft Ads for sales.

I have auto-tagging enabled for both Google and Microsoft Ads. Microsoft Ads seem to be working correctly because, when I examine Shopify reports, the UTM campaign medium and source data are accurately passed through. However, it's puzzling that, despite applying the same settings to Google Ads, the tracking code doesn't seem to work properly.
    For example: a few days ago there was one conversion that happened via google ads but when i look at reports in shopify it attributed it as direct purchase.

So this is what i see on my sessions page:
    Store visits were direct
    Visited on December 5, 2023 at 6:21 pm
    The referral code used was googleads
    app details
    source=googleads is our Final URL suffix, so that's obviously making it to Shopify
    No marketing apps were used to facilitate this session. Learn more
    UTM Parameters
    No UTM parameters were available for this session.