• Members 35 posts
    Dec. 21, 2023, 5:24 a.m.

I need to present my client with bounce rate in GA4. I cannot seem to find it whereas it was easily accessible in Universal Analytics. Help Please!

• Mod
    Dec. 21, 2023, 6:27 a.m.

At present, Google Analytics 4 does not automatically display the bounce rate as a default metric in its reports. It needs to be added manually. Here's a step-by-step guide on how to do it:

Step 1: Access your GA4 property by logging in, and on the left-hand side, choose "Reports."

1.png

Step 2: While on the "Reports" tab, choose "Pages & Screens."

2.png

Step 3: If you have the appropriate permissions, you'll notice a pencil icon located at the top right-hand side. Click on it to edit your report.

3.png

Step 4: Select "Metrics" and then choose "Add metric."

4.png

Step 5: Locate "Bounce Rate" in the drop-down list and choose it. Arrange the order in which you want your columns to appear, then click "Apply."

Step 6: Bounce Rate should now be incorporated into your reports. If you want this to be a lasting modification, be sure to click the "Save" button.

And there you have it! Keep in mind that bounce rate remains accessible in GA4; you just need to know where to find it!

4.png

PNG, 28.0 KB, uploaded by agkhy on Dec. 21, 2023.

3.png

PNG, 24.9 KB, uploaded by agkhy on Dec. 21, 2023.

2.png

PNG, 52.6 KB, uploaded by agkhy on Dec. 21, 2023.

1.png

PNG, 21.4 KB, uploaded by agkhy on Dec. 21, 2023.