• Members 55 posts
    June 26, 2024, 10:19 a.m.

Hello team,
    I’ve created both a web container and a server container. I have also set up a Facebook Conversion API (CAPI) tag in the server container for tracking purposes. During this process, i realized that i don't need to create a Facebook pixel. However, my current setup still includes the Facebook Pixel tag on the client side. I understand that the Facebook Pixel is essential for the Facebook CAPI tag, but what role does the Facebook Pixel tag in the web container play in this setup and is it possible that client-side tracking can be affected by pixels anti-tracking?

So i want to know do i need to use Facebook pixel alongside server-side tracking with the Facebook CAPI tag?

• Mod
    June 26, 2024, 10:21 a.m.

I can see where you're coming from, but Facebook advises against relying solely on server-side tracking because you might miss out on crucial browser-native events like PageView or ViewContent. They suggest using both the Pixel and the Conversions API together. This way, Facebook can avoid counting the same event twice and make conversion tracking more accurate and effective.