• Members 24 posts
    Sept. 21, 2023, 11:19 a.m.

I've recently transitioned from Universal Analytics (UA) to GA4, and while UA successfully tracked website purchases, GA4 is not recording any purchase data. Our website operates on Netsuite.

During the migration process, I came across an event named "place_an_order," which seemed to be the method used to track completed purchases, although I can't confirm this.

In Google Tag Manager, I've identified several tracking events configured for various actions. However, I'm facing challenges in pinpointing the one responsible for tracking purchases. I'm curious if anyone might have insights on where I should look to unravel this mystery.

• Mod
    Sept. 21, 2023, 11:20 a.m.

How did you go about migrating UA e-commerce to GA4? Did you establish a new dataLayer for GA4 on your website, or did you continue using the same dataLayer that was set up for UA through Google Tag Manager (GTM)?

For reference, you can consult the developer guide at this link: developers.google.com/tag-manager/ecommerce-ga4

I'm uncertain about how you're currently tracking "place_an_order," but are you interested in monitoring users who visit a specific page?

Each "page_view" event inherently includes event parameters like "page_location" and "page_referrer," so you should configure it as follows:

• Event name: equals "page_view"
    • Page location: equals the URL of the PARTICULAR PAGE you want to track.