• Members 28 posts
    Sept. 12, 2023, 10:50 a.m.

I'm an IT professional, and I'm relatively new to using Google Analytics. I'm currently working on implementing GA4 for gathering custom data from a web application.
    I'm utilizing the GA Measurement Protocol to transmit custom events, some of which come with custom parameters. For example, each time a player completes a game, I send a "game_gameover" event with a payload like this:

{
    score: 123,
    level: "dungeon",
    monstersKilled: 11,
    gameDuration: 112
    }

• Members 28 posts
    Sept. 12, 2023, 10:51 a.m.

2 / 2

I'm an IT professional, and I'm relatively new to using Google Analytics.

I'm currently working on implementing GA4 for gathering custom data from a web application.

I'm utilizing the GA Measurement Protocol to transmit custom events, some of which come with custom parameters. For example, each time a player completes a game, I send a "game_gameover" event with a payload like this:

yaml
    Copy code
    {
    score: 123,
    level: "dungeon",
    monstersKilled: 11,
    gameDuration: 112
    }
    I've set up custom dimensions to capture these custom parameters, and they're being recorded properly. What I'm aiming to achieve is:

Go to Explore and create a new Exploration.

Add a column displaying the AVERAGE gameDuration.

Any suggestions on how to accomplish this?

• Mod
    Sept. 12, 2023, 11:16 a.m.

Unfortunately, GA4 lacks support for custom calculated or aggregated metrics. While you can export data to a Google Sheet and perform calculations there, for a more interactive and automated solution, consider utilizing Looker Studio or another visualization/BI tool.