• Members 28 posts
    Aug. 7, 2023, 10:50 a.m.

Since the installation of GA4, I've noticed that events are consistently being sent with the current date, without any manual implementation on my part.

I'm concerned about the accumulation of these events, as they might quickly reach the custom events limit and cause issues. I'd like to understand the reason behind this behavior and learn how to disable it.

Thank you

• Mod
    Aug. 7, 2023, 10:54 a.m.

I haven't encountered events like these before. Have you implemented a dataLayer or integrated any other third-party tools with GA4 on your website?

It appears that disabling these events might not be possible.

• Members 28 posts
    Aug. 7, 2023, 10:55 a.m.

The implementation is through Google Tag Manager (GTM) with a basic config tag and several events tags. Even after adding a custom variable with a GTM template to remove URL queries from reports, the events with the current date continue to appear. This issue started before the template was added, and the cause remains unclear. The events persist, with 1 to 4 occurrences daily. Any insights or solutions would be appreciated.

• Mod
    Aug. 7, 2023, 10:57 a.m.

Have you integrated any other third-party tools like movie, CRM, or form assist tools with GA4? In some instances, these tools might send events that include not only the event category but also event parameters.

When my client implemented a movie tool from a third party on their webpage and integrated it with GA4, it started sending events with event parameters.

To investigate this, check Explore and search for the event page location to gather more information. It's possible that dataLayer is implemented on your website, and that could be causing the issue.

Additionally, ensure that you have disabled "collect universal analytics events" in the Google Tag Settings to rule out any conflicts.